Centre deals with testing of farm machineries and implements developed by the manufactures to evaluate the manufacturing standards, assuring quality and utility of tools and implements. This will help in commercialization of good quality farm machineries for farmers. Testing, and training centre will help in development of local artisans/entrepreneurs to manufacture good quality machineries, their repairs and maintenance.
Deputy Commissioner (M & T) Division, Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture Govt. of India has approved as reauthorization of "Farm Machinery, Manufacturing Testing & Training Centre" at VNMKV, Parbhani; vide DAC Letter No. 13-31/2014-M&T(I &P), dated 30-10-2018.
1. To test and inspect the agricultureal tools and implements developed and manufactured by manufacturer.
2. To impart training to extension agencies, farmers, rural artesian and otherbeneficiaries and entrepreneurs on operation and maintenance of farm machineries.
3. To encourage the people for custom hiring of farm machinery for different farm operation.
Types of test undertaken by FMMTTC, VNMKV, Parbhaniare as under :
1. Commercial Tests for establishing performance characteristics of machine that are in or ready for commercial production.
2. The following types of commercial tests will be undertaken:
Initial Commercial Tests on indigenous or imported proto-type machines ready for commercial production.
Batch Tests on machines, which have already undergone Initial Commercial Test and / or being manufactured commercially in the country.
1) Machines will be tested at the request in writing of the manufacturer/accredited importers referred to as “Applicant” herein-after.
2) The application in prescribed format given in application form link should be accompanied with all relevant technical specifications, operator manual, workshop manual etc. to the Director of Research VNMKV, Parbhani.
3) After receiving the application form along with all required documents, scrutiny of the application form will be made by the FMMTTC, VNMKV, Parbhani.
4) After approval of application, applicant has to pay testing fee charges in the form of demand draft.
5) After receiving payment FMMTTC will communicate to the firm for visit at the manufacturing site of the firm for randomly selection of test sample (Machine/equipment) and accordingly, the authority of the FMMTTC will visit the firm and the select test sample will be sealed at the site.
6) It is the full responsibility of the firm to provide same test sample for testing at the FMMTTC, VNMKV, Parbhani Centre within 15 days after randomly selection of Test sample (Machine/equipment).
7) The Firm has to bear all required charges of transportation, loading and unloading including the visit of the authority of FMMTTC for randomly selection of test sample.
8) Once testing fees deposited to the Centre, it will not be refunded at any cost.
9) In case applicant is unable to submit test sample, the test fees will be forfeited.
10) In case applicant is not willing to test machinery/equipment after submitting it to the FMMTTC, then also the test fees will be forfeited.
11) Time required for testing of machinery/equipment will depend on the waiting list and season.
12) The applications fulfilling requirements will be accepted by the testing institute and the date for starting the test will be informed to the applicant.
13) Testing of the machine will be taken up as per the relevant Indian Standards.
14) After completion of all tests, a draft report in the standard format will be released to the applicant for comments and the applicant should submit his comments within 15 days.
15) After receipt of comments, necessary changes in the draft report as per agreed comments may be made in the report and the final report will sent to the nodal agency TTC, Budni for approval.
16) After approval by nodal agency final report will be released.
17) Test reports released by the designated institutions will have validity across the country and accepted by all the States and UTs for subsidy and implementation of other Government Schemes where test reports are required.